Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Update: Street View Winnemucca

Things I saw while roaming around Winnemucca on Google Street View

Work on my brothers house had not yet started.
Dad was at work
My car was in Winnemucca.
Coutts was at the Martin.
Grandpa Buckie, Aunt Ag, and Elaine were at work.
Kent was at work.
One of the Michael Clay trucks was driving down Winnemucca Blvd.

Overall, it appears it was a very productive day in Winnemucca.

They didn't get the red light district in Winn, but they did in Battle Mountain.

[Edit to add]
I just had an Instant Message conversation with my friend Nadim in Argentina and realized how much more interesting google street view of your home town is than I thought. I could show her where I'm going to be on New Years Eve. And when I told her about other fun times I'd had there she has a picture in her mind. I showed her my high school. And if we talk about other stories from growing up I can actually show her where things happened so we are both imagining the same place. We could walk around the town together and she can see a little slice of my town. "This is where I used to walk through a field to school.", "This is where I got my first ticket", "This is where I accidentally ran into a pedestrian that one time but he was drunk and ok and even the cop didnt want to give me a ticket, but he did", etc...

Weird!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And many other fun stories you can´t mention here in public cause you might run the risk of getting flagged :p

Anonymous said...

Interesting to find all these people frozen in time on the net, eh? Really cool post.