Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Hi again

I read Brian's blog tonight and can't seem to go to bed without writing in response. I like the Wii post, but I am referring to the Dooce post that i had previously read, but I guess not read the end of. I got Brian interested in blogging but he encourages me to keep going when I am slacking. It's like a symbiotic blogging relationship. I'm not sure who is Eddie Brock and who is the alien symbiote.

His little mention reminded me that I haven't been blogging much. I like blogging. I like writing which is why I started. I need practice, which is why I want to keep going. I have been too caught up in work and haven't done a lot of the things that I really love. But as much as I miss my friends, nevada, photography, blogging, reading, motorcycling, etc. I really love my job and I am having fun being part of something. I work at Flickr. I started because I loved using Flickr and it changed my life and got me into photography. I also love helping people. This I love more than anything else in the world and always have. I help the users because I work in customer service. But I also help the other people answering emails becuase I write training, and track down problems. I really believe that most people just want to do a good job. When there are people that want to do a good job, and just need the tools to do it, that is really important to me. I want to do whatever I can to help them and if I know that they don't have that, and their desire to do a good job is wasted and flittering away. It is hard for me to sleep. So I love doing what I can to make sure they have what they need. Which makes it so other people can do what they want. On Flickr which I think is a great site and enjoyed by so many. It is very fulfilling for me. I think that is the closest I have come yet to explaining why I enjoy my job so much.

I won't work too hard forever. I always go back to a balance but for now I am doing such good work I don't really want to stop. I feel like I am on a roll to something good. My confidence rises everyday. There is an idea brewing in my head that is slowly solidifying, I now really know I am capable of working hard enough to maybe really pull it off. That is what is driving me. I am in the place I am supposed to be. If I didn't think so I would go find adventure somewhere. I have never had much and I think its time. But there is something I have to do first and I am in the perfect place to try.

I think I'll do my norm and not spell check or proofread. Just stream of conscience.

I miss you all. You know who you are.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Good stream. Like a warm golden arch into a frosty white canvas...except, of course, that your writing is not piss, but full of vinegar and...shit, this isn't turning out the way I intedned.

I love you too, dude.